Friday, December 7, 2012

Puppy Prayers

My father has been in Florida this past week and was suppose to come home Sunday so I was babysitting his black lab, Coal.  Wednesday night my mother and I went to a meeting and when we came home, Coal was not on the couch but on the kitchen floor. We thought he was just being lazy like he always is until I realized something was wrong with his back legs.  Coal is obese ((weighing 132 lbs)) because my dad overfeeds him so we had to have my neighbors help us carry him into the car. We had to take him to the Emergency Vet because it was already 8:30pm and all the other vets were closed.  At the ER vet, the doctor thought it was most likely a split ((or slip?)) disc but they didnt have the technology there to do the special MRIs and CAT scans and etc.  The doctor suggested we take him to Purdue University which is 2hours from Chicago.  And since Coal is the love of my fathers life, we had to take him to the ER vet at Purdue.  We didnt get to Purdue until 3am their time and the doctor working the night shift said everything the other ER vet said and that he will most likely need surgery... After more hours of waiting and then finally checking into a hotel room at 630 in the morning and then sleeping for about 2.5 hours and showering and eating lunch  and then my dad cathing an emergency flight to meet us, the doctors gave us an update saying that he will not need surgery and that he had a spinal stroke.  As of right now Coal needs a catheter for potties, a ton of physical therapy and an extreme diet.  I am so blessed that he is okay and so blessed to have wonderful people who helped us out along the way.

































Here is a picture of Coal feeling a little bit better but he still has not movement in his back legs :(

No comments:

Post a Comment